Time to learn more about our most fashionable member Leigh! She is a true CrossFit convert...from being skeptical (yet curious) to now totally embracing the journey and putting in the work either at CrossFit UP or at work when she is traveling all over the US. 1. Where are you from? Originally, UpState New York, born and raised on a Quarter Horse Farm but I got off the farm at 18 and been moving West ever since.
2. What do you do for a living? Married? Kids? I was blessed to land my version of the ultimate male, my hubs, Keith. I’m in awe of his talents every day. We are parents to a four year old rescue cattledog mix named Coach. For work, I’ve been in the Medical Device field for the past ten years. My current role focuses on leadership development and management training.
3. What do you like to listen to when you workout? Bieber…kidding! Old school hip hop, classic rock, or club.
4. Weirdest or most surprising fact about yourself. I’m part Venezuelan.
5. How long have you been doing CrossFit? Fully committed, it will be one year in April. My first class was with Coach Emily and I was so weak I had to use a medicine ball instead of a barbell.
6. What are some things you’ve accomplished since starting? Bar Brawl, CrossFit Affiliate Cup, rope climbs, double-unders, toes to bar, and not cherry picking my workouts. I’m also proud of the relationships I’ve built within the gym. I love my accountability partners!
7. Are you working on any new CrossFit goals or PRs? I’m truly inspired by the other women in the gym and hope to one day, lift like Bre, row like Dena, pull up like Sonja, run like Monica, box jump like Meg, deadlift like Heather and pretty much do everything like Ali or Nora.
8. Favorite cheat meal. A Geno’s Philly cheesesteak wit wiz…(Only Neno will know what that means). Preferably, consumed at 2am after the bars close, eaten outside in the cold and oh yeah, I’m 24 again with a metabolism that never quits.
9. Do you have any hobbies or other sports you’re into? I love to travel. My job keeps me on the road and I’ve been to 45 out of the 50 states! I feel that experiencing other cultures and places helps to enlighten and makes you more of a compassionate human being.
10. Name something on your bucket list. Attend Burning Man
11. Imagine you have a chance to go anywhere in the world, but it has to be with one of the following celebrities: Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Queen Latifah, Ellen DeGeneres, Britney Spears, Mike Tyson, Alicia Keys, or Oprah Winfrey. Where would you go and who would you go with? I guess Ellen because she would keep me laughing, she loves to dance, and values relationships with animals.