1. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
Approximately 1.5 years
2. What are some things you’ve accomplished since starting?
Fitness, strength, endurance and greater flexibility & coordination.
3. Are you working on any new CrossFit goals or PRs?
Just to continue improving my overall level of fitness, and improve my overall athletic abilities.
4. Favorite cheat meal.
That will make me look bad. I love to cook – and eat.
5. What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
Surfing, Snowboarding, Hiking, CrossFit and playing with our dogs.
6. What’s your favorite indoor activity?
Cooking, watching movies and sports and I guess Crossfit too (-; And reading on politics and history.
7. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
Late 20’s. I was a young dad, working and still surfing all the time. I would have spent more time with my son playing sports etc….. I don’t know where that time went.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Be an expert Skier and Boarder, skilled in the backcountry riding and survival. I guess I wouldn’t mind being an expert in using MS Excel, which I admittedly struggle with. I also wouldn’t mind interning with some of my favorite chefs and developing my talents in the kitchen.
9. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
A day to force our politicians to help the poor & neediest amongst us, right historical injustices and change our ridiculous foreign policy. You asked, but I think I’ll need more than a day.
10. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Fidel or Che. Or…I have to give that more thought.
11. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
FDR and President Obama. Then maybe Beck and Steph Curry.
12. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Take my family on some exotic vacations. Then decide on some charitable contributions.
13. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
Bruce Willis and Bruce Springsteen. The former just happened with a taxi driver in NYC.
14. What song is included on the soundtrack to your life?
That is a tough one. Let’s just say the Who Quadrophenia and Pink Floyd The Wall are key albums.
15. Best concert you have ever been to?
It’s between Beck and the Beastie Boys.
16. First kiss?
17. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
Having to get a hip replacement!! Depressing news at first but I am so happy with the results.
18. What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
Some Westside ragers and bachelor parties back in the day. I should probably take the 5th.
19. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
Hmm, maybe the End of Madmen.
20. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Ending things, whether it is a personal relationship, or a work relationship.
21. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
Arguing and challenging peoples political and or religious beliefs. And of course, partying(-;
22. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
A velour track suit (received). I try not to give crappy gifts.
23. What do you miss most about being a kid?
NO responsibility – except school!
24. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
Hmm, maybe my mom’s Ice Cream cake. And falafel.
25. When was the last time you were nervous?
Addressing work colleagues in a sales summit. Sometimes I get butterflies when I have to address a group.
26. What story does your family always tell about you?
Overeating and getting sick when I was a kid at all my cousins Bar mitzvah parties.
27. What song would you sing at karaoke night?
It’s so cliché, but MY WAY, by Frank of course.
28. What’s your favorite word(s) (any language)?
Liberte and Fraternite
29. If you could live anywhere where would you want to live?
Biarritz, France and Agadir, Morrocco for overseas. Santa Cruz and Mammoth Calif. when I’m in Cali. It’s hard to decide.
30. Where are you from?
Born in SF in the summer of love (-;
31. What do you do for a living? Married? Kids?
Sales and Merchandise manager for a large textile company. Married for almost 23 years with one son who just graduated from Wesleyan University this past weekend (yes, I’m very proud of him).
32. What do you like to listen to when you workout?
Classic hip hop: Dre, Public Enemy, Cube, Beastie Boys etc…..Or some classic rock will do too.