1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? Since January of this year!
2. What are some things you’ve accomplished since starting? So far I've cut my body fat down from 23% to 16% and for the most part maintained my lean mass! I've also am able to deadlift and back squat past my body weight!
3. Are you working on any new CrossFit goals or PRs? My goal is to get my body fat down to 12% and then bulk up! I want to get all my squats (front, back, OHS) over 250lbs. In addition to that I want to conquer that muscle up and complete The Spartan Race with my CrossFitUP teammates on Saturday!
4. Favorite cheat meal. Oh gosh! There's so many!!! Besides In N Out, a good pizza with my favorite toppings (pepperoni & chorizo).
5. What’s your favorite outdoor activity? Hiking either at the Land of Medicine Buddha or in the upper campus at UCSC. It's just nice to get in touch with nature and have that moment of consciousness. Aside from that I love good concert!
6. What’s your favorite indoor activity? Do raves and good dance music in a venue count? Aside from this a good DVD or video game is always nice!
7. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Dishes...it was my first job as a young adult.
8. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? None. I'd feel sad knowing all my friends and family were growing old without me.
9. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? My PRs!!!
10. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Skydiving
11.If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? My grandparents they passed away before I was born.
12. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? I'd probably disappear and go on world venture for a few months to get some time to really meditate on what to do with the money.
13. When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time? Music and self-choreography in my studio.
14. What song is included on the soundtrack to your life? How to Be A HeartBreaker by Marina and The Diamonds
15. Best concert you have ever been to? It's a tie between Madonna's Confessions Tour and Beyoncé's Formation Tour
16. First kiss? I'll never tell...
17. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? I had a misdiagnosed surgery when I was 16! Womp womp. Turns out I had a kidney stone and NOT an appendicitis! But it taught me that I needed to get off of soda and drink water!!
18.What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? SF Pride 2015 I got see DJ Offer Nissim spin and it was epic!
19.What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? For me it was seeing Wicked on Broadway for the first time last year. I was crying so hard. My friends had to check on me during intermission because I was so emotional. Great musical though!
20.What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Getting courage to quit Disney and move 500 miles away from everything I was comfortable with.
21.What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? I was perfect...because I was the youngest and the only boy. Are you kidding? I got away with a lot. But worst was setting a fire to my neighbors yard! Technically a joint effort from me and their kid. Thankfully they drove up as the spark rose to a flame and was quickly extinguished!
22.What’s the worst gift you’ve ever given/received? Never really had a bad gift. But one time during winter break my friends and I reunited and they both bought holiday gifts for me. I didn't have anything for them. Worst feeling ever.
23.What do you miss most about being a kid? The amazing cartoons...
24. What is your first memory of being really excited? Going to Disneyland
25.What was the first thing you bought with your own money? A CD
16.When was the last time you were nervous? Crossfit fundamentals. I'm super guarded in new social situations and didn't know what I was getting into! But love it today.
27.What story does your family always tell about you? That one time a horse bit my hand and my dad was videotaping it all go down and CONTINUED to tape me as I was getting chomped. Classic.
28.What song would you sing at karaoke night? Under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
29. What’s your favorite word (any language)? Resilient
30.If you could live anywhere where would you want to live? New York
31.Where are you from? Colton, CA
32. What do you do for a living? Married? Kids? Direct service provider for adults with learning disabilities. Happily single. No kids.
33. What do you like to listen to when you workout? Wide range but lately Tiësto, Offer Nissim, Beyonce, Diplo, KSHMR, I could go on.
34. Weirdest or most surprising fact about yourself. Was a dance major when I first started college! Did jazz, modern and ballet.
35. Do you have any hobbies or other sports you’re into? Drawing. Although I'm not a big sports fan i do love my SF Giants and get into watching football!
36. Name something on your bucket list. Travel to Fiji!