1. Where are you originally from?
I was raised in Michigan but my family is Canadian, from Ontario. Let me coach you long enough and you’ll catch the accent pop up.
2. When and why did you start doing CrossFit?
In 2014. Skeptical, at first, but my love grew.
3. When did you start coaching CrossFit?
October of 2015.
4. Favorite movement/skill to coach?
Definitely Olympic lifts. The high level of skill makes achieving a lift that much more exciting.
5. Is there one CrossFit movement/skill that you either can’t do or suck at?
My flexibility continues to be an issue for me, so I still need some training wheels getting into the bottom of a pistol and similar things. Also my snatch needs work, but who’s doesn’t.
6. What’s your “jam”?
Deadlift. And Back Squat. And Abs.
7. Weirdest or most surprising fact about yourself.
I’m a pretty open book, not many surprises here. Ask the right questions and I’ll tell you anything.
8. Favorite cheat meal.
Five Guys. I’m a huge eater, but I usually keep it pretty legit, Wholefoods has all my money, but once in a while I need a Five Guys. And I apologize if you’ve ever seen me eat one. It isn’t pretty. It’s fast and messy. Insert joke here.
9. What story does your family always tell about you?
They have a ton. Most of them involve me being a total ham. My dad’s job involved a lot of dinners and gatherings and I was the star of them all.
10. Name something on your bucket list.
Skydiving for sure. I don’t think I’ll ever actually pull it off unless I woke up to someone throwing me out of a plane. I don’t handle stress well.
11. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
My husband could write a book on this, I will go with pick up dog shit. Or dishes. Love to cook, hate to wash.
12. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
Snatch 400#s. Maybe take on ISIS if there’s time left over.
13. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Depends on what I’m meeting them for. I think getting to go back stage and meet an artist or something is just crazy awkward for everyone involved. But if they moved next door and let me watch their dog, totally down. If that was the case I’d say Barack. He and I would make awesome neighbors.
14. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
The first thing you do is the boring shit. Paying everything off. Then the fun begins. Probably something involving a house on the ocean.
15. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
In a past life I was a Flight Attendant for Delta Airlines. Training for that is 2 months of living in a big-brother-style house with 30 other trainees and putting in full days, 6 days a week. And tons of tests. It was pretty trying, but worth it.
16. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
Usually it was my mouth that got me in trouble.
17. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
You get married so, on the way to an event, you can ask “You got them something, right?” I can’t tell you the last gift I actually purchased myself, not just took half the credit.
18. When was the last time you were nervous?
I have a pretty big fear or failure, so most things make me nervous. But I try to channel it. I’d say probably the last big nervous was heading to my CF L-1 cert.