1. Where are you originally from?
Born and raised in Santa Cruz!
2. When and why did you start doing CrossFit?
2010 was my first workout in my neighbor’s back yard. I thought I was in pretty good shape, turns out I was not fit, nor could I squat! Sore for days doing some simple body weight movements.
3. When did you start coaching CrossFit?
After we opened the gym in 2013.
4. Favorite movement/skill to coach?
I know this will come as a huge surprise but I really love teaching the movements we cover in the Fundamentals class. Learn it right the first time and build from there. Hopefully our athletes that have only done CrossFit at UP will not even know what a bad squat feels like!
5. Is there one CrossFit movement/skill that you either can’t do or suck at?
Overhead squats. Hate ‘em.
6. What’s your “jam”?
Deadlifts, pull ups and double-unders are my favorite.
7. Weirdest or most surprising fact about yourself.
I played the harp as a child.
8. Favorite cheat meal.
Burger. Beer. Fries. Chocolate dessert.
9. What story does your family always tell about you?
Probably something about me being too nice?
10. Name something on your bucket list.
More travel to far off places. Open to the experience more than any particular destination.
11. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Sealing the trailer’s roof!
12. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
Surf huge waves, and skydive. Yes, in the same day.
13. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Alive: Dalai Lama- so much positivity. I’m really bad at meeting famous people with any sort of agenda, so I probably wouldn’t ask very good questions!
14. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Make sure my family is set up well, take a killer vacation and build an even more amazing facility that can provide outreach to our athletic community and younger generations.
15. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Have kids and open a business (or two). Best and most purposeful effort ever.
16. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
17. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
I plead the 5th.
18. When was the last time you were nervous?
When I heard Milena may have broken her collar bone….. She did.